Setting up the Authenticator app (do this first!)
Once your company has been enabled you will get notified to set up MFA before you proceed.
Make sure you have your phone nearby!
You need to perform the following steps on a PC.
- You will likely see the following image when you try to sign in. If you don’t, click the following link:https://account.activedirectory.windowsazure.com/r?tenantId=4b57ed8a-bc57-4143-8229-b68cd92cbaf3
- Click Next.
- Select Mobile app in the first drop-down menu:
- Select “Receive notifications for verification“, and click Set up:
- You will then see the following screen:
- Pick up your mobile device, and open up the App Store:
- Click the search button in the bottom right corner:
- Search for “authenticator” and select Microsoft Authenticator from the list:
- Click the Get / Cloud button and wait for the installation to complete, then open the Authenticator app.
- Click Skip on the bottom:
- Click OK to the Data Privacy setting. We will help you disable it after if you want to.
- Click Add account:
- Select Work or school account.
- Click OK to allow the app to access the camera. We will help you disable it after if you want to.
- Point the camera towards the QR-code on your other screen (it’s quick!):
- You should now see some numbers on the display. You will not need them, and you can hide them like this:
- Go back to your PC, and click Done in the window with the QR-code:
- The browser will check activation status. Be patient, this may take a moment. Click Next when the button on the right turns blue.
- Once you click Next, Microsoft will send a test notification to your device. Pay attention to your phone.
- Approve the notification on your phone:
- Once the Next button turns blue, click Next again, and enter or validate your phone number.
- Click Done to continue to Step 4. You will not need this password. Click Done.
You are done with configuring MFA.
If you use the Mail app on your phone, you should look at the configuration guide here.
Setting up mail after enabling multi-factor authentication
Note: If you’re already using the Outlook app on your phone, you do not have to do these steps!
We recommend that you start using Microsoft Outlook. This app is designed for Office 365, and is constantly updated with new features.
You can download Microsoft Outlook from the AppStore on your phone. Setting it up is done by simply entering your email address and password, and signing in with MFA.
If you really want to keep using the old Mail app, you have to re-add the account using the correct method of signing in. Do the following:
- Open Settings, and scroll down to Passwords & Accounts:
- Click Exchange or Orkla Mail:
- Click Delete Account, then confirm. Don’t worry, nothing is locally stored on your device, and note that it may take a little while.
- Click Add Account:
- Select Exchange:
- Really important: Enter your @orkla.biz username below, NOT your email address.
- Tap Sign in.
- Enter your password and tap Sign in.
- Check the box to not ask again for 30 days, then approve the authentication request on your device.
- Accept the required permissions.
- Tap Save.
- You should now see that your mail and calendar is downloading. It may take a while before everything is synchronized.
How to revoke access to Camera after setup
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone, and scroll down until you see Authenticator. Tap it.
- Tap the green slider for Camera to turn off permissions.
- Done! Exit to the Home screen.