The purpose of processing your personal data
The purpose for which we use personal data and the type of personal data we use will be specified or made clear in the context of your contact with us, or be described in the section below named “Parameters for our processing of personal data”.
In short, Orkla’s purposes for processing personal data are to manage enquiries from consumers or others, to provide services or products they have requested, or to adapt our communication, marketing, product development or production of goods and services.
Parameters for our processing of personal data
We process personal data within the parameters of the applicable local laws and regulations. The legal basis will either be that
- the processing is necessary to fulfil an agreement with you or to carry out tasks prior to such an agreement, such as when you create a user account on an online store, which leads to storage of your contact information and order history.
- the processing is necessary for Orkla to meet a legal obligation, such as the obligation to store payment information pursuant to the Accounting Act.
- you have given us explicit consent for a specific type of processing, such as subscribing to a newsletter.
- Orkla has a legitimate interest in a type of use that we assume you will consider acceptable based, for example, on your contact with us. This is relevant in these situations:
- If you have consented to receive offers or newsletters from Orkla, we will be able to personalise such communications in order to target marketing that is considered relevant by the recipients.
- If you have consented to receive offers or newsletters from Orkla, we can use your email address and information from your contact with us to adapt the display of advertisements to you or others on third-party websites (such as Facebook) in order to improve our marketing.
- If you take part in a contest or campaign, we can temporarily store your contact data to enable you to participate and to enable us to contact you if you win or attain other benefits directly related to your participation. Our legitimate interest in the processing is being able to market our products.
- If you contact us, for example, with questions or comments, we can process your name and contact data and information in your communication insofar as necessary to handle your inquiry. Our legitimate interest in the processing is providing customer service and improving our products and marketing.
- If you have logged in as a user on one of Orkla’s online stores and have left products in your shopping basket without completing the purchase or logging out, we can store the shopping basket data and send you an email reminding you about the basket at a later date.
- If you have placed an order with one of Orkla’s online stores, we can use the information of the purchase for consumer preference analysis. The purpose of this is to manage and adapt our communication, advertising and inventory. The analysis only shows anonymous, aggregated information in the form of statistics.
- To ensure regulatory compliance with Norwegian and international regulations on sanctions, as well as ensuring compliance with anti-corruption regulation, Orkla ASA may perform a screening of external third parties with whom Orkla and its business units have or will establish relations. The personal data processed is contact information, position and results from the screening activity. Personal data will also be cross-referenced against sanctions and fraud databases for this activity. Examples of such databases are Bureau van Dijk, who will obtain the results for us, and may reveal information about our corporate clients’ executives’ and people in management or board positions’ criminal records. We have a legitimate interest in carrying out the Processing for the purpose of fulfilling our regulatory and compliance obligations and to ensure our counterparties are within acceptable risk (to the extent that such legitimate interest is not overridden by your interests, fundamental rights, or freedoms).
For information on how Bureau van Dijk process personal data, please click here.
Deletion and anonymisation
The duration of our storage of personal data depends on the legal basis of the processing, as explained in the above section “Parameters for our processing of personal data”. Where the basis is fulfillment of an agreement or other legal obligation, the data will be deleted when the agreement or legal obligation has been fulfilled. Where the storage is based on your consent, the data will be deleted if you ask us to do so by contacting us as set out below, on our user pages (“My Page” or similar) or via links in our emails to you. Where the storage is based on Orkla’s legitimate interests, the data will be deleted in three years at the latest. If such processing is made in connection with inquiries or participation in a contest or campaign, the data will be deleted when the inquiry has been handled or the contest or campaign is completed.
As an alternative to deletion, we can remove identifying information from your personal data, so that the data can no longer be linked back to you (anonymisation). We may use such anonymous information in our experience archive and to produce analyses and statistics, in order to adapt and develop Orkla’s marketing and products to the wishes and needs of consumers.
Storing personal data
The personal data will be stored on Microsoft’s servers in Europe. If it should be deemed relevant to provide Microsoft in other countries with temporary access to systems where this data is stored, for example to correct faults, satisfactory protection of personal data is safeguarded through the EU standard agreement and/or the EU/US Privacy Shield Agreement. Should you wish to have a copy of these, please complete this form.
Contact, access to personal data etc
Please complete this form if you want to access, extradite, correct or delete personal data that we have stored if you want access to, extradite, correct or delete personal data that we have stored. You can also protest, demand limitations or withdraw your consent(s) at any time. For your information, you can also address a complaint towards your local Data Protection Agency if you want to file a complaint concerning our processing of personal data.