Registration for Multi-Factor Authentication and Self Service Password Reset
Multi-Factor authentication is required for everyone and is used to secure our identities and eliminates the possibility for hackers to gain access to your account even if they manage to steal your username and password. The same extra layer of verification can also be used to reset or unlock your account when needed. Multi-factor authentication is the same method which is commonly used by banks(BankID or a code chip).
The first time you sign-in you will be prompted to set up an additional sign-in verification method. You can either use a mobile app(recommended) or a phone(sms/call).
If you want to change verification methods or add additional after the initial setup you can do so here: https://aka.ms/setupsecurityinfo
Set up MFA
- Go to https://aka.ms/mfasetup and sign in to your Orkla account. If it is your first sign-in you will be prompted to register for MFA.
- Click Next
- Click on I want to set up a different method.
- Select the country and choose a method to receive your authentication code on phone and click Next.
- Confirm by attending the call or entering the code based on your previous selection.
- Once verified, click on Next
You have now succesfully set up MFA.
The next time you sign-in and MFA is required you will get a notification based on the method chosen.
Remember to only approve sign-ins you have initiated!
It is strongly recommended to add additional information such as a app/personal email as a backup for MFA in case you lose access to the phone number.
Additional information can be set up by going back to: https://aka.ms/setupsecurityinfo